Read the Play is a not for profit organisation that was established in 2006 with the vision for mentally healthy and empowered young people.
Read the Play’s purpose is to deliver innovative programs in partnership with sporting clubs that empower young people to take control of their mental health and wellbeing.
Read the Play is a unique program that uses young people’s engagement with sport and connection to their local club to delivery important messages that improve mental health literacy and knowledge and to encourage help seeking behaviour.
Read the Play values
Passion | Connection | Innovation | Integrity | Diversity
Read the Play organisational goals
- A trusted and recognised prevention program
- Improve the mental health and wellbeing of young people
- Awareness and education reduces stigma of mental health among young people and in the community
- A sustainable program achieving long-term outcomes
We are seeking a committed board member with a passion for youth mental health.
The key responsibilities of Directors are:
- To act in the interests of Read the Play;
- Familiar with Read the Play constitution, policies and procedures and strategy;
- Attend and participate in Board meetings;
- Observe their duties as Directors in line with constitution;
- Provide strategic direction for Read the Play and effective oversight on all operations of Read the Play including:
- Program development
- Organisational sustainability
- Fiscal management
To apply Send your CV and cover letter to Sarah Albon – Co-Chair Read the Play – firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 30 June 2022.